Job/hobbies : Dedicated Freelancer Player
    Humor : Wicked/Dark/Chaotic/Witty
    Registration date : 2008-12-23

As it were...The Hood

Post by [UW]HunterKiller on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:48 am

=======================================================
    It Happened At The Hood
    =======================================================

When I walked in the Bar, what did I see, a bunch of crazy Space Truckers staring at me. I went to the counter to order a drink, the Keep looked and me and said, "Hey pilot, you stink!"

Well I looked around the bar, with an evil eye then back to the Keep and said, "Meet me outside."

When I launched from the Bay, I wasn't surprized, he was standing there with a bunch of his guys. He knew he couldn't take me, not by himself so, before he headed out, he got him some help. I tightened my harness and I chuckled a bit, then tapped on the console and said, "This is the S&%t."

I zoomed into Space as I slammed my controls, to get far enough away not to fill the Bar with holes. I hit reverse thrusters to turn the ship around and here they were a comin' like a bunch of Bloodhounds. A few passed me by takin' a pop shot or two, I grinned and said to Olga, "Baby, it's just me and you." She gave a little flash on the console lights, I knew she was ready to give them a fight.

We took out two, of the seven that were there. Nothing but the loot remained floating everywhere. She tractored the prize as I turned the ship around. One, two, three, more ships were down.

She scanned the area and said, "Fatso's still here." I hit my forward thrusters, a hard right on the stick, when all was said and done, he done turn his tail and split. Smart man.

I turned for the Bar with a smile on my face then I said to Olga, "Girl, I love this Space." I headed on to moor and landed in the Bay. Everyone was there, but they had nothing to say.

I went back in the Bar and ordered that drink, then some crazy wench had to open her gate.

She said. "This is not over. You'll pay for this!!"

Walking out the door thinking, What a wonderful day.

Last edited by HunterKiller on Sat May 16, 2009 1:36 am; edited 3 times in total
    [UW]HunterKiller

Number of posts : 167

Launch

Post by [UW]HunterKiller on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:53 am

==========================================================
    Part II [ --------- PIlots Log --------- 801 AS -------- ]
    ==========================================================

It had been several weeks, maybe months since I'd been back to this bar and it seemed kind of deserted. I was wondering if it was even in business at all?

In coming trasmission...,

{{{--VHF Sabre pilot, you are within our radar vector, please state your business here, over.--}}}

I responded as normal...

{{{--Battleship Hood, this is VHF- 46563 requesting to dock. I have supplies to sell and am in need of refeuling, over.--}}}

{{{--VHF - 46563 understood, docking is granted. Dock in bay 2.--}}}

I went on and docked in the bay.

After entering in the bay, I was surprised to see that there were so my VHFs. Kind of confused, I wanted to ask some of the Pilots as to what was going on but instead, I just went about my own business. I made the deal with the wares I had and went to inspect my ship for any damages. Upon noticing that my hull had taken on a bit of damage traveling through the Omegas, (especially Omega 41) I had the ship transfered to the maintainance shop.

Feeling tired, I went to the Pilot Bunk area and checked in. Looking towards the Hoods forward lounge, I noticed that there was a race fixing to start. Several pilots were trying to get a challenge going I guess. Checked to see if Hovis was around but, didn't see him anywhere. Probably got his ass blasted trying to cheat. Would serve him right, after what he tried to do to me once. I shoud have killed him myself.

Heading on to get cleaned up and take a nap for a few while my ship was being worked on and eating something, I noticed a pilot hanging in the Galley. He looked familiar and seemed to have recognized me as well. Paying him no more attention, I headed on to get some much needed rest. The quarters was small but all I wanted was the bunk for now.

After a few hours of rest, the shower and food, I felt great. I went on to the Maintainance Shop to check on my ship. I noticed the ship had been repaired and the shiny new Hull Panels on it. I also noticed something else, it seemed to me that,
    Olga, had gotten the tinted windows she had so desperately wanted. Not wanting to get an arguement started at that moment, I went on to inspect the work and made sure everything else checked out ok. All was fine and I refeuled then paid for it all.

While checking out some new weaponry, I noticed that the pilot I saw earlier in the Galley was just beginning to launch. Seemed kind of strange that he would be launching just as I was doing walkaround of my ship? I'm the paranoid type, traveling the Border Worlds as a loner I need to be. Strange things happen to pilots out there.

Everything looks good. All set an ready to launch.

{{{--Mission Control, VHF Sabre pilot 46563 asking for launch sequence, over.--}}}

{{{--VHF Sabre pilot 46563, you're ready for launch. Be careful out there.--}}}

{{--Rgr that and thanks for the headsup. VHF Sabre 46563 out.--}}}

Last edited by HunterKiller on Sat May 16, 2009 1:37 am; edited 2 times in total
    [UW]HunterKiller

Re: As it were...The Hood

Post by [UW]HunterKiller on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:29 pm

===========================================================
    Part III [ --------- Pilots Log -------- 801AS ------- ]
    ===========================================================

Once launched, I had a very strange feeling coming over me. I checked the radar and all seemed clear within range of the scan.

"Must have been something in the food?"

Heading on towards a nearby jumphole, I noticed something shining in the distance. I scanned the area again and sure enough, there were several VHFs heading my way. After shifting to cruise, I was immediately hit with a Hornet Cruise Disrupter. Those damned things are hell. Rattle the whole ship and your head. Olga gives me hell every time it happens too.

"Incoming missile," is the first thing she said, warning me to do something. Tried cruise again and still had 3 seconds to wait (a lot can happen in that amount of time so...) no cruise yet, have to evade. Throwing stick to port, using afterburners to try to get some extra distance between me and my attackers while cruise was recharging, I was suddenly bombarded with laser fire. Time to act and Olga signaled closest target and armed all weps.

"Olga, scan for type and equipment on board attacking ships. Check for origin and pilot IDs."

"Rgr HK, activating scan now."

Discharging countermeasures, I just made it before I was slammed by a Starkiller torpedo. My shields can take a few of them but, I just don't like feeling the jarring effects. Not to add the damage and loss of batts and botts. Dammed things gone up to 400 credits lately. Doubled in price.

"IT'S FATSO!!!" Olga replied, naming the pilot of the lead ship. "He's got several of his cronnies with him. 8 in all!"

"Fatso, (he was the Barkeep that insulted me several months back) I thought he disappeared months ago, after that quarrel we had?"

"Well," Olga replied, "Looks like he wants some getback."

"If that's the case then, let's give it to him. What cha say to that?"

"I'm here if you need me, like always." Olga said, with a flash of the console lights. Her way of giving me a big smile.

"Nine to one, good odds wouldn't you say for a workout right after a good lunch and refueling"

" I would say that it's a little much but, I trust your ability to take care of it, HK." said Olga.

Torpedos armed, and making sure that all weapons were online, I turned around and hit the afterburners. Heading into one of the most feared lot of pilots in the Universe, (Xenos, known for their terrorising the Liberty System because of some old Trade issues long ago) I noticed that Fatso had pulled back and many of the other pilots were starting to flank me. Didn't make no difference to me, I had one objective in mind, Fatso. Take him out and the rest will back off, I hope? I should of chased his ass down and took him out way back then. "Well Fatso, time to finish our business."

=========

Freelancer 11 years old and still playing the game.
    [UW]HunterKiller

Post by [UW]HunterKiller on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:07 pm

I should finish this story, aye?

Freelancer 11 years old and still playing the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 pm