rsabatino
    Admin

Number of posts : 249
    Job/hobbies : electronics salesman
    Humor : whats that?
    Registration date : 2008-12-23

why modders use version numbers

Post by rsabatino on Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:23 pm

ok alot of people ask this question why does everybody have a different version number on theyre mods. the answer is this when you have a freelancer mod it changes the game drastically you need something to keep the people without your mod out. why because one major reason if you dont have the mod and try to go on a modded server you are likely to crash that server. unless the person running the server is running server side mods and is not changing anything drastic like systems trade lanes and adding ships. certain things can be controlled server side for instance ship spawns ie battleships, pirates, nomads, and the like all are server side. if the npcs have regenerating shields or use bots or bats, loot props and ship props all vanilla load outs are server side. where a players starts from and his starting rep are all server side starting ship server side how much money he starts with server side. client side is when you add bases planets and systems and also new ships all are client side. if a mod 1.0 you can join with vanilla freelancer it usually means they are running a mod on the server. do not add any of the mods you have in that server i could mean trouble for the server admin i know it happened to me too many times. i used to run like three server side mods then somebody comes on the server with some kind of mod installed you are in new york or hamburg and the other guy is ????? whats that he is running his own system mod he has his own little world those people get banned or they kill the server ops computer and he has to format his c: drive to get freelancer to work properly. that why people put version numbers on theyre mods have fun enjoy farao

remember if buy anything from evga register it with my promo code thanks
    [UW]HunterKiller

Number of posts : 167
    Job/hobbies : Dedicated Freelancer Player
    Humor : Wicked/Dark/Chaotic/Witty

Re: why modders use version numbers

Post by [UW]HunterKiller on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:57 pm

rsabatino wrote: do not add any of the mods you have in that server i could mean trouble for the server admin i know it happened to me too many times. i used to run like three server side mods then somebody comes on the server with some kind of mod installed you are in new york or hamburg and the other guy is ????? whats that he is running his own system mod he has his own little world those people get banned or they kill the server ops computer and he has to format his c: drive to get freelancer to work properly. farao

Is that what all those question marks are there for? I've seen this on a few occasions and have been wondering where that player is.scratch

I look at the screen to see where everyone is and see those. I'll be kicking players now. Then banning them if they don't do a clean reinstall.

Thanks for letting me know.
    rsabatino
    Admin

Number of posts : 249
    Job/hobbies : electronics salesman
    Humor : whats that?

Post by rsabatino on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:07 pm

i had a player one time who used my evil empire reloution jump gate mod that was the first mod i ever worked on. it made a area named gould and had alot of weapons and class 10 ships. he used to use that on top of the order mod it screwed everything.

remember if buy anything from evga register it with my promo code thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:29 pm