My Server Days are Numbered

[UW]HunterKiller

Number of posts : 167
    Job/hobbies : Dedicated Freelancer Player
    Humor : Wicked/Dark/Chaotic/Witty
    Registration date : 2008-12-23

My Server Days are Numbered

Post by [UW]HunterKiller on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:52 am

Well, it looks as if my server operating days may come to an end. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get it as it used to be. NPCs jumping all over the place making it hard to kill or, do missions and it's not the mod or mods, it's something to do server side. All the mods I try to use work fine and I used them in the past. It's got to be something within the Server Machine or, somewhere else. Actually, the best running server I ever had was when I run it on my Laptop believe it or not. I had many players on it without any problems at all. Now, since I moved and my LT is down, nothing else seems to be able to run a smooth server. Idk, people, it's just not acting right for me anymore.

I may wind up doing without a lot of things in order to buy a new system right from HP close to or, better than the one I had before. The only problem with that is the OS, I don't like W7 and want to keep it all XP. Ioncross uses XP only and I don't know enough about programming to use all these new Server Operating Programs they are coming out with on the TSP and other Freelancer sites. It's almost like they are trying to eliminate other servers from running to make everyone play only on their servers because, they are designing programs that only they know how to use and only those with their skills can understand on how to use them. I'm no brain with this new tech and Freelancer was made for all to be able to run a server for their on pleasure and enjoyment of it all.

No-one wants to spend the rest of their life playing on just a Vanilla Server when there's so much more to offer and that has been created for use in running servers. Sure, there are a lot of Vanilla Servers still up and running but, may of them have server side add-ons and those that don't, aren't very populated to say the least. I don't wish to run just a Vanilla Server, there's too much out there to enjoy but, they make it hard for simple operators such as myself to run them. Everyone seems to be personalizing them and not allowing others to use what they've created to enjoy it their way.

Idk, I think my days of playing Freelancer are certainly coming to an end. I've played this game since day one or before and once I run my own server, that was what my whole reason for playing Freelancer come to. Not always playing by someone elses rules or, playing the game the way they want me to play it, their way or, not at all. My server was for all to have fun and enjoy and the rules were simple, not complicated like they are on many servers today.

I guess that Freelancer will be coming to an end for me soon. I've enjoyed it but, I can't seem to enjoy it anymore.

Neutral

Last edited by [UW]HunterKiller on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Freelancer 11 years old and still playing the game.
    rsabatino
    Admin

Number of posts : 248
    Job/hobbies : electronics salesman
    Humor : whats that?

Re: My Server Days are Numbered

Post by rsabatino on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:43 pm

actually iron cross works on windows 7 i have been using it on a lan server i have been doing tests you just have to not use user account control turn the uac off so you dont have to elevate everything to admin status.

remember if buy anything from evga register it with my promo code thanks
    [UW]HunterKiller

Post by [UW]HunterKiller on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:04 am

Getting bored with it all. Neutral

I think I will be dumping everything for Freelancer to play this game once it's released.

Brink the Game

The new Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X-2 is coming out next year as well and it's very intense. Freelancer isn't so intense anymore to me.

I'll always play Freelancer but, I need a change from it a while, I think. Neutral

rsabatino
    Admin

Post by rsabatino on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:50 pm

i played the hawx demo it plays like a real simulator . of course i crah all the time.

rsabatino
    Admin

Post by rsabatino on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:52 pm

heres a primer for you lol, http://hawxgame.us.ubi.com/hawx2-mini-game.php i found it on the web site

[UW]HunterKiller

Post by [UW]HunterKiller on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:12 pm

I couldn't get it to do anything but, that's for the second version too.

I'm also thinking of becoming part of http://www.brinkthegame.com/gate/ too. This new technology seems to be ok.

rsabatino
    Admin

Post by rsabatino on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:49 pm

thats ok it was only a joke . i got something else for you from ubisoft hawx 2 bench mark you will have to register at ubisoft to use it. it will tell you if you run the game. i will make a video of it on fraps and post it here http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_hawx2_downloads.html this is from nvidia nzone

[UW]HunterKiller

Post by [UW]HunterKiller on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:48 am

Been there and have a registered account due to having other games from Ubisoft that are registered there. Thanks. Very Happy

[UW]HunterKiller

Post by [UW]HunterKiller on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:15 am

Looks like they've upgraded their site? Looks good.

rsabatino
    Admin

Post by rsabatino on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:49 am

oh yeah nvidia gforce there new drivers suck big time. but they are only for the new cards anyway.

[UW]HunterKiller

Post by [UW]HunterKiller on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 am

As for that game, Brinks? I waited for over a year or more for it to come out and not one letter was posted about the specs to run the game so, I finally got it once it was released and I can't even run the game. I wasted my money on it and it has even had fixes for it since the release and if you didn't get them for free in the first two weeks, you have to have an online purchase account in order to buy them from Steam so, I'm stuck with a $54 game that I can't even play. However, I can play any other game on the market today but that one. >Sad

rsabatino
    Admin

Post by rsabatino on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:35 pm

whats wrong with it ?

[UW]HunterKiller

Post by [UW]HunterKiller on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:42 pm

I will nearly have to rebuild any one of my comps in order to play it. They never released any information on specs needed in order to play the game through the whole development of it and now, since the game has been released, I found out that I'm not set up to play the darn game. On another note, it's run through Steam and two weeks after it was online, they released updates for bug fixes and if you were online or, in game within the first two weeks of the release for the fixes, you got them for free but now, you have to get them by paying for them via Steam as an online download. I got a $54 game that I can't even play and I was at Wal-Mart when they opened the day of it's Nation Wide Sale. Wal-Mart won't refund t because I've opened it. I had to open it to find out what the specs were for the game.

Prior to the release, that was one of the main concerns about it, what the specs were, as far as, the operating system and all. It will cost me near a grand just to upgrade and the thing is, I can play 95% of all the new games out today with what I have already. I'm surprised that I can even play Black Ops.

What they did was, use a totally different type of game engine than most games have today and that was the clincher. The game is already about 5 months old and I still have it sitting in my games rack, untouched other than to read the manual.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that run into this problem. That's on a PC now, as far as Consoles, you have to have XBox 360 or, PS3. That was clearly known. I got the one for PC's.

Live and learn, I guess.

The worse part about the day I bought it was, I started to go past it and buy, Black Ops and didn't. Now I wish I had of. Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 pm